Anxiety has been a problem since I started high school. I’ve already have had several break downs. Even, I had to go to the hospital because of it.
Over thinking is one of the most common symptoms I have when I’m going to start with an anxiety breakdown. My head starts hurting like hell, I just can’t focus on anything; every single problem, memory, person comes through my mind at the same time. My heart starts racing, I feel tightening on the chest, my breathing starts to go faster and restlessness.
There are some nights when I just can’t sleep, so I just start watching YouTube videos. Which are basically about my favorite tv series or movies. I just end up crying out my eyes without any reason. Why? Because information gets stuck in our heads, like we need to check out every single thing that happens to us. Movies and TV shows, personally affect me a lot when I’m going through a similar situation. Feeling like nobody cares or likes you because some foolish reasons. Being paralyzed by a new project or presentation or experience. That feeling of loneliness and darkness living among us in this big world.
I’ve been trying to deal with this problem. There are such things that actually work for me:
- Listening to music without headphones: The reason is, if I start with earphones I just get lost and my head starts to hurt again, so when my anxiety has already slow down a little, I just put earphones on.
- Smell peppermint; this actually helps me a lot, so I can relax and slow down my breathing and my thoughts start to vanish.
- Close my eyes and start breathing slowly; just deep breaths can calm me down. Trying not to think on anything else, just focusing on my own breathing.
- Write in a journal: Maybe this sounds so cliché, but believe me it actually works a lot. Expressing yourself to you in a book is relaxing. You leave all the darkness among those words you are writing.
- Sleep; this is the cure for a full mind. Get some sleep and when you wake up you are going to feel better.
Honestly, what mostly works for me, its music. I don’t know what I would do without it. I’m basically listening to music every single day, every single time. When I have this breakdowns all I can do is play my Shawn Mendes songs and just focus on his voice. I don’t know how his voice can control my anxiety, it’s like magic, I swear. When everything gets calm I start listening to my focus playlist on Spotify, and my anxiety goes away for the night and the next day.
I know how this thing can make you feel sad and angry and frustrated all at the same time. But believe me, find those things that can make you feel better. You’ll go through them and you’ll feel better, I know that its hard, but remember that you’re the only one that can control it, so don’t be afraid and fight against those anxiety breakdowns that makes us feel the most vulnerable person in the world, cause we are not. I highly recommend to try out those things I mention before. Maybe you have that one artist or that one person that can help you get calm. Do not hesitate to listen to his or her voice or call that friend that has been always there for you. No matter what. Anyway, if you think you don’t have anybody. You can come to me. My blog is open for everybody in this world. I will listen, and if it is on my power I will help you go through all the rough stuff. I am all ears, do not hesitate. Just leave me a message or a comment down below.
Don’t worry, you are not alone in this. Lots of people tend to have this anxiety problems. But with HOPE, LOVE, FRIENDSHIP & SELF-ESTEEM everything can turn from black to a beautiful rainbowed color.